What is Sous Vide?
Sous vide, also called vacuum cooking, is a method by which you can prepare food. With this technique, you can cook all kinds of recipes, such as steak, salmon, or asparagus at a low temperature. In sous vide cooking, the food is vacuum packed in plastic or plastic containers. It is then cooked in a water bath at a low, but constant temperature. As a result, the food gets a special texture and flavour. At Cookinglife, you will find a wide range of sous vide supplies, from insulation balls to sous vide sticks. Whether you want to cook fish, meat, vegetables, fruit, eggs or soups sous vide, we have all the necessities!
Sous Vide Stick
If you want to vacuum cook food, then a sous vide stick is indispensable. This is a compact device that has multiple functions. It acts as a thermometer, water pump and heating element all at once. You insert the sous vide stick into the water bath in which the vacuum-packed food lies. The stick measures the temperature of the water and heats the water to the desired temperature. The pump ensures a continuous supply of water in the water bath and spreads the heat evenly.
At Cookinglife you can buy various sous vide sticks. We offer sticks from leading brands, such as Wartmann, Hendi and Espressions. Also in terms of power, there is plenty to choose from. We have sous vide sticks in a range of wattages, including:
- 800 Watts
- 1000 Watt
- 1200 Watts
- 1300 Watts
- 1500 Watts
Most sous vide sticks are very easy to use. We have variants that you control through an LCD display, like the Wartmann WM-1508. We also have variants that you can control via WiFi using an application, such as the Hendi Sous Vide Stick iVide Plus Junior.
Our recommendation: Wartmann WM-1508
Sous Vide Device
Vacuum packed cooking can be done with a stick, but also with a sous vide device. For example, we offer appliances that allow you to both slow cook and cook sous vide. It works very simply: you add the vacuum-packed food to the sous vide machine and then set the timer and temperature. From then on, all you have to do is wait for the dish to be ready. Take a look at the Espressions Sous Vide & Slow Cooker, for example.
Sous Vide Container
For sous vide cooking you need a water bath. You can create this with a pot, but you can also use a sous vide container. The advantage of a tray over a pan is that the trays are transparent. This allows you to see exactly how your dish is doing. At Cookinglife you will find different sous vide containers, with or without lids. Many of our sous vide containers are made of high-quality polycarbonate. This not only ensures that the container is sturdy, but also that it is dishwasher safe. The containers usually come with a capacity of 12 litres.
Sous Vide Bags
Finally, you can also find sous vide bags, also known as vacuum bags. We have both reusable and disposable bags. You can also find a vacuum bagger that allows you to vacuum pack food before you cook it sous vide. We offer bags that are BPA-free and bags where you can determine the size yourself. Of course, all our sous vide bags are food safe.
How to Sous Vide?
Sous vide cooking is very popular, but not everyone knows yet how to apply this method. The step-by-step plan below shows you how to cook sous vide.
- Step 1 - packing: place the food you want to cook in a vacuum bag and make sure it is vacuum packed with a vacuum sealer.
- Step 2 - prepare: place the vacuum-packed food in a sous vide container and set the temperature and timer via the sous vide stick.
- Step 3 - wait: from this point on, all you have to do is wait for your food to be cooked.
Why sous vide cooking? Cook steak, beef, fish, and more!
Cooking food sous vide has several advantages. We have listed the most important ones for you.
- The natural aromas and flavour of the dish are perfectly preserved.
- It is very simple. You add ingredients to the container, place the sous vide stick in and then you just have to wait.
- Due to the even cooking of the food, the food has an even texture.
What do you need to cook sous vide?
Would you like to cook sous vide, but have no idea exactly what you need? No worries. In the overview below, you'll find everything you need.
- A sous vide stick or a sous vide device.
- Sous vide bags; also called vacuum bags.
- A vacuuming machine to vacuum pack food.
- A sous vide rack that you can place in the water tank, in which you then place the vacuum-packed food. The food remains firmly in the rack during the cooking process.
- A sous vide water bath or a pan, such as a cooking pot.
- Are you using a sous vide stick in combination with a water bath? Then we recommend that you also use insulating balls. These help to maintain the temperature. They also minimize evaporation of the water.
Buy Sous Vide
Buy a Sous Vide system from us now. We offer sous vide suited products from a range of reputable and high-quality brands, such as Wartmann, Hendi, and Espressions. Their sous vide systems offer all kinds of advantages. Discover your favourite at Cookinglife today!