Le Creuset Tagine
Explore your senses and dive deep into African cuisine with the Le Creuset Tagine. This cast iron piece of Le Creuset cookware is not only durable and versatile for all your cooking needs but also a stunning addition to any kitchen. Discover a multitude of vibrant colours and various sizes and functions on your slow-cooking journey.
What is a tagine?
At Cookinglife, you will find various tagines from Le Creuset. We have a range of sizes and colours, to ensure that everyone can find what they need for their kitchen. The enamelled cast iron cookware is named after the North African earthenware pots in which various 'tajine' dishes are slow-cooked. The conical-shaped lid of the pot retains heat effectively, as the warm air circulates inside the dish, ensuring food stays warm. This is perfect for when you want to slow-cook meat and vegetables in low heat, ensuring proper steam during cooking and delicious moisture while eating.
How does a cast iron tagine work?
Using a tagine is easy, whether on the hob or in the oven:
- Make sure that the tagine pot is at room temperature before cooking, to prevent any cracking.
- Cook your ingredients lightly in the usual order, with onions and flavour-rich spices going in first, followed by meat and vegetables.
- Cover the pot with the lid, and continue heating on the hob or transfer the cast iron tagine to the oven. The beautiful thing about the tagine is that only a small amount - if any at all - of liquid is required, as the steam inside the pot works to keep the food succulent and hot.
- Serve your dish in a serving bowl or, better yet, in the tagine itself after it has cooled down!
Where and how can I use a cast iron tagine?
The Le Creuset cast iron tagine can be used on the hob or made as a dish in the oven. Thanks to its cast iron material, it is a versatile helper in the kitchen. It is suited for almost any heat source, including induction hobs, but excluding BBQ. The Le Creuset cast iron cookware is also oven-safe, and is perfect for slow cooking various meats, including chicken - just like a traditional Dutch oven. The major difference is the shape of the pot and its lid, and the resulting condensation and water droplets inside that allow your cooking to elevate to the next level.
Are tagines dishwasher-safe?
The best part about cleaning up? The tagines are dishwasher-safe! Simply soak your tagine in lukewarm water to wash the remaining food, and then, if necessary, place it into the dishwasher for a quick and easy clean-up. Avoid abrasive cleaning agents. Because the tagines are easy to clean and easy to use, they are suitable for both the amateur and hobby cook as well as kitchens small and large. With a lifetime guarantee at Cookinglife, you purchase quality and durability for years to come, at an affordable price!
Le Creuset tagine colours
The Le Creuset cast iron tagine comes in several vibrant colours. At Cookinglife, you can shop five different colours that are in stock, all at an affordable price. Add a splash of warm colour to your table with the Cherry Red and Cerise variations, or a beautiful azure ombre from the Tradition line of Le Creuset tagines. We also offer satin black and volcanic shades, both of which are striking in their own ways. Which one will you add to your home?
What Le Creuset Tagine sizes are there?
- Le Creuset Tagine 35 cm: comes in satin black and cherry red variations. It is the largest tagine in the Le Creuset category, with a diameter of 35 cm and a capacity of 5.2 L. You can easily feed an entire family with this pot! It has a non-stick enamel coating and cast iron base, made from the finest materials. Like the other tagines, it is perfect for slow-cooking meat.
- Le Creuset Tagine 31 cm: In this size range, you can truly add a pop of stunning colour; the 31 cm tagine comes in satin black, cerise, volcanic, and azure. It has the same cooking properties as the larger pot, but this one has a slightly smaller diameter and capacity, at 31 cm and 3.7 L, respectively.
- Le Creuset Tagine 27 cm: This is the smallest of the pots available at Cookinglife for purchase. With a diameter of 27 cm and a capacity of 2.3 L, this tagine is suited for a 1-2 person family or household, making a smaller quantity at a time. It comes in the colour cerise. Like the larger tagines, this baking dish is best suited for medium cooking temperatures. Despite its smaller size, it is still adept at bringing style and quality to your cooking collection!
Buy Le Creuset Tagine
Have you found the perfect Le Creuset Tagine to suit you and your family? Are you ready to add some North African culinary style and flavour to your recipe book? Discover our whole range of Le Creuset products, including:
- Le Creuset Whistling Kettle
- Le Creuset Kitchenware
- Le Creuset Bakeware
- Le Creuset Tableware
- Le Creuset Wine Accessories
- Le Creuset Pans
- Le Creuset Oven Dish
- Le Creuset Casserole
Our range of Le Creuset includes almost 700 products - so there is sure to be something for everyone! Complete your kitchen with all things Le Creuset from Cookinglife.